Friday, July 2, 2010


Something I am discovering this summer is how much I love projects! What did I do before I owned my own house??? One day this past week I found my inspiration and painted my 1/2 bath. It's now a beautiful shade of grey and has a big bright sunshiny yellow picture in it!



On this same day I decided to tackle something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I've been researching online for months how to make "professional" sugar cookies. I've always loved to bake- especially in my beautiful kitchen- and I found out a lot of things I never knew about these "cut-out cookies." There was a specific reason I wanted to make them, but I'll have to blog about that later (it's a secret for now!). So, I made the cookies. This was a serious project! Most of my time spent making these was WAITING. Put them in the fridge and wait 2 hours. Cut them out and refrigerate them. Do one section of frosting and WAIT. After all the waiting, I was pleased with my result. Not quite "professional," but the next batch will rock!
























4 comments:

  1. Every time I look at them my mouth waters, I know they tasted delicious. They are so pretty and make you feel delightful when you look at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited because I love baking too and one thing I have NEVER made is cut out sugar cookies!!!! They turned out so cute:) I want one!! And, they are, like your Mom and Grandma, my favorite 'dragonfly' shape!!! So cool:) Excellent job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ant Dawny....if you come for thanksgiving, maybe i can make some turkeys or something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't like baking too much.....but I love the looks of these cookies! I would love to try one!! They just look so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete