Sunday, June 27, 2010

admitting it is the first step.


Okay, I'm just curious here.... what exactly does Starbucks put in their drinks to make them taste so damn good?! I wake up with thoughts of coffee cups dancing in my head, seriously. I think Adam might think I'm a little crazy. He and I were just walking through the mall....minding our own business....and I could feel the pull of the caffeine....it was calling my name.... "briiiiiiannnne, you know you want me....... briiiiiannnne, just a little taste." I swear, they put crack in there. So nonchalantly, I say to Adam, "i think i'll grab a beverage on our way out." Immediately the conversation turns to laughter because he knew I would need to fill my addiction- that is what it is.

But this wasn't the only time this has happened. Some days I go to bed thinking, "I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be a Starbucks Morning."--that's what I call them. Well, since vacation started, pretty much everyday has turned into a "starbucks morning."

Some might say my addiction started when I worked at Starbucks during college or when I worked there when I moved to Florida. But I say, "NO." I think the addiction is hereditary!! Look down the line: Mom- addicted. Dad-addicted. Sisters Brooke and Amanda-addicted. Burnett's (I think ALL of them- Aunts/Uncles/Cousins/2nd cousins)-addicted. The Starbucks craze may have started with Papa, I think he introduced it to the whole family.

I think the TRUE way you know you're addicted is when you go on vacation somewhere new and you're ALWAYS on the look-out. You spot one, and immediately you're heart skips a beat, and the little devil sitting on your shoulder starts acting up.
You walk into the store and instantly your nostrils are engulfed with that potent coffee-scent.
You're brain begins to relax, all stress leaves your body, you walk up to the counter and order your special beverage from the smiling barista.
The sounds of Frank Sinatra, a blender, the espresso machine, frothing of the milk--all begin to put you in a fully relaxed state.
You're drink is handed off and with the first sip, you know you're in heaven.

seriously.
i'm addicted.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh Sweet Brianne, I feel the addiction as well and you already knew it because you mentioned "cousins". Yes, the first app I downloaded was the "Find Starbucks" app. When Dave and I were in Florida last time, we drove OUT OF OUR WAY just so we could hit a Starbucks...Who does that?!

    Only others with the addiction would understand why 7-11 just didn't cut it.

    Love your blog, keep it up!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- maybe i should get the app, that way i don't have to keep my eyes peeled for one everywhere i go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I admit my addiction as well. I call On Star on road trips to see where I can stop. I went there today and it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get the app! It's a safe way to find your beloved Sbux on the road. You can also find the nutrition info, save the drinks your friends like so you can surprise them with fix for their addiction. We have to look out for each other ladies :) Like you Brianne, I blame mine on Papa.

    ReplyDelete