Thursday, June 24, 2010

i love to have things to look forward to


I was seriously worried as this school year came to a close. Don't get me wrong, I was SO excited to be on vacation and regroup myself away from 10 year olds. This summer is different though, for the past 5 years I've had summer courses to take through my school and I worked at Starbucks for a couple summers. I tried to get into some courses but they filled up too fast and there's NO way I'm going back to Starbucks (i prefer to go as a customer now!). So, happy as I was to have a break from work, what was I to do??

I knew for sure I'd be heading to Maine for Kayla's wedding in June and Ohio to meet Miss Avery in July....but other than that all I kept thinking was.... "I HATE being bored!!! I don't want to be bored!!!"

Bored, I am not! I'm learning how to relax and realizing I don't need to be busy 24/7. But most of all I have things to look forward to! Adam has 2 visits planned, I have an *anonymous* friend coming to visit in July, plus my trips, PLUS a surprise trip to NY! Not to mention, I have a list a mile long with things I want to improve on my house this summer. I've already organized the garage and repainted my bathroom.

What was I so worried for????

4 comments:

  1. My mom always said, only boring people get bored and you are far from boring!!! I love things to look forward to also and I'm glad you have a list of great things ahead!! Love you Brianne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bored, shmored! If you start getting bored, let me know, you can enjoy the smell of my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ihave an idea, you can always wash the red Mazda you love to drive. Maybe even wax it although you always take fantastic care of your car. Maybe you got that from me...... Dad

    ReplyDelete