Friday, June 13, 2014

Book Review: Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky




I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I often do.  If it doesn't grab my attention, chances are I don't pick it up.  This cover... can't you just smell the sweet salt air?!  I. Love. This. Cover.  It is so  New England!  

Okay, onto the book.  Let me preface this by saying when I chose this book I was in the mood for something light, beachy, summery, and somewhat easy to read.  That's exactly what I found with Sweet Salt Air.  There are two main characters in this book: Nicole and Charlotte.  Nicole is working on a cookbook with a theme of Quinnepeague Island woven through it.  Charlotte is her childhood best friend and she's invited her out to the island to help her write the cookbook.  While working on the cookbook they unearth some secrets hidden not only within the island but also between their friendship.  It is a story about friendship, loyalty, and love (for food, Maine, and also between people).  

This book drew me in from the beginning and I enjoyed every moment of it.  Go out and get this book now!





1 comment: