Thursday, August 9, 2012

Playing School

Driving to school on Wednesday I found myself getting a little excited!  I used to love to play 'school' when I was little.  I even had a chalkboard on my bedroom wall.  When I got older we replaced the chalkboard with a white board.  You could smell the Expo markers down the hall from my room... I shoulda' known then that it was in the cards for me to become a teacher!

This is the sight I saw when I walked into my classroom on Wednesday...

 That bookshelf with stuff on it was actually empty, so this shows a little progress, but not much!



We have to pack everything up every summer so our floors and room can be cleaned... look how shiny the floor is!  The first visit to the room is always overwhelming.... where to start?  Well, after I unpacked my personal bookshelf I decided the room needed a little sprucing up.  So I started my word wall....
 Our theme this year is rock 'n roll, love this border Kristin found me!
Not the best photo, but you get the idea!
I downloaded this rock 'n roll font and LOVE it!

This was actually two days of work.  Also on the second day I started a second bulletin board.  Not sure what it will be used for, maybe something to go along with The Daily 5???  Who knows.

 I'm really into the zebra print... and of course my favorite color!


That's all for now.... next week I'll be back to the regular schedule.  Open house is next week so my room will be perfect by then!  I guess I still love to play 'school'!!

1 comment:

  1. Open House already? YIKES! Better get to work and quit playing!

    ReplyDelete