Monday, April 30, 2012

Oh Baby!

Goosebumps.  That's what I had when I got a text last week from my oldest friend telling me she was at the hospital in labor.  For the following 10 or so hours I was checking my phone to find out... BOY or GIRL?!  I was convinced Renata was having a girl.  I had dreams about it and the closer she got to her due date I just knew it was a girl.  Well, BOY was I wrong!  She now has a beautiful baby boy, Parker Maxwell.  I cannot express the feelings I had when she called to tell me she was a mommy-ecstatic, proud, psyched, giddy, sentimental.   Going to visit her new little family was definitely the highlight of last week for me.  I went down to meet Parker on Friday and spent 2 hours holding his sweet self.


Renata has always been baby-crazy and I knew she'd be a great mom.  Just days into actual motherhood and she's a natural.  Patrick admitted to me the nerves leading up to Parker's birthday, but said now it's all worth it.  He's doing an amazing job helping out as much as he can... changing diapers, getting Parker to stop crying once I mess with him....


Needless to say, I have one sweet new nephew and he has some great parents!  Love you guys!


3 comments:

  1. Sham-WOW-WOW-WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I had a good blog topic as soon as I held that baby bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of little Parker with Auntie Brianne

    ReplyDelete