Sunday, June 3, 2012

New Salad!


Have you ever made a new recipe, been excited to try something new for a change, and have it totally FLOP?!  Well, that won't happen with this one!!!  This morning I was looking for some new healthy options--it's time to think about my wedding 'bod.  I love salads and hate to admit that I fall back on the basic green salad far too often.  But this salad is much different!  What defines a salad anyway???  This particular one could make a delicious lunch (that's what I'm doing with leftovers tomorrow), a side for grilled chicken (which I did tonight), a salsa for a chicken taco...... the options are endless.  I halved the recipe, because I knew Adam wouldn't like it and it was plenty for my side dish and there's a bunch leftover for lunch and probably dinner tomorrow too.  I also subbed vidalia onions for the red onions (because I like them better.... and next time I'll probably go lighter on the onions).  The heat was PERFECT (except when I bit right into a jalapeno).  Do yourself a favor and go make this Grilled Corn Salad!!!


2 comments: