Thursday, August 12, 2010

New York Trip

Oh my... where to start?! This New York trip was a BLAST. We flew into Long Island and stayed a few days with Adam's parents. I got to meet 5 of his 14 nieces/nephews and a couple adult family members too. I had no idea what to expect from Long Island. All I knew was there were vineyards there....and boy are they gorgeous! We got there in the evening and by the time we got to his parents house it was dark out. But from what I could see it was reminding me very much of Maine. Pine trees galore!

We spent our first day with Tammy, Adam's future sister in law. She took us out for some AMAZING BBQ (sorry no pics of that.... just picture messy BBQ sauced up wings and sandwiches, corn on the cob, fries, mac and cheese- the works.) We went around Greenport which is a very cute town on the water, drove by many vineyards...etc. etc. and ended the night with some ice cream (my kinda ending!).

The following day we spent at the beach with Adam's sister Chrissy and her family. We had lots of fun with them playing in the water and got some authentic NY pizza for lunch- oh my GOSH it was so good!

I think the following day Adam and I headed into the city. As soon as I stepped outside I realized I was looking UP so much. The buildings and the architecture there is breathtaking. So we ended up checking into our hotel on Broadway- right on the corner of times square and going on one of those double decker bus tours. So cool. We got to see everything downtown and I took sooooo many pictures my camera battery died before the tour was over! Needless to say I was very bummed- I left my charger in long island. But thankfully I had my iphone which takes pretty decent pictures. The following day in the city we went to Rockefeller Center and took a tour of NBC studios. It was very neat. We got to see the sets for the shows- Dr. Oz, SNL, and Jimmy Fallon. I guess I had never thought much about what the set would look like if you were there for a taping- totally not like on tv. They wouldn't let us take pictures there, so if you want to see it, you'll have to go!

We wrapped up our trip back in Long Island where I got to meet Adam's brother Jason and his family. Thanks to Keegan and Bennett- their kids (Devyn and Jordyn) loved the talking tom app on my phone. haha

All in all it was a great trip...I can't wait to go back! (look for my next blog on the purse adventure!)






We FINALLY got to see a sunset together!

In NYC.... Statue of Liberty is behind us.


Love this pic of Adam in m&m world.....


My first glimpse of NYC... @ Penn Station

1 comment:

  1. Wowsers! Kinda makes me want to go. I love your blog and I love all the pictures, and oh yes, I love you TOO!

    ReplyDelete