Sunday, January 16, 2011

what CAN'T you do with a banana?

When I was growing up I hated (i know that's a strong word) bananas. The texture of them grossed me OUT! I even had this banana-flavored chap stick--EW! For some reason my palate must've matured when I went to college. One day I decided I would try out a banana and- can you believe it- I liked it! So immediately I called my mom and told her the news. It was one of those "firsts".... 1st step, 1st pee on the potty, 1st taste of a banana.

So yesterday I was searching on blogs for yummy things to make and I came upon some banana pancakes. http://annies-eats.net/2010/08/18/banana-pancakes/ Now that I have a mature palate, I figured it was time to test them out! Can you say, YUM?! I was wishing I had some fresh strawberries to put on them but Adam and Bob wouldn't run to the farm stand..... so I used blueberry syrup instead. MAN, they were good! The recipe says to use a small banana but I used a large one and there was just enough banana flavor. I thought they were very filling but worth it.




This was some thick batter.....



The BEST blueberry syrup. Ever.



Yum Yum! Had to make a little guy so I could make sure they were good!



That's 1 stack of deliciousness!



The final product, so good!

1 comment:

  1. I still want my stack o deliciousness with peanut butter and maple syrup! Don't you love it when a recipe is a LUCKY FIND?

    ReplyDelete