Sunday, October 31, 2010

book club cake!

Our last book club meeting was for the book: The Help. It was a fantastic story and I just HAD to bring a caramel cake to our meeting. Several times in the book the caramel cake was mentioned. Here is part of the process....


Cakes baked and cooling

The LONG process of making the caramel frosting. This took about an hr!
Boiling the evaporated milk and sugar. mmmmmm
Starting to look more caramely!
Oh yeah!

All I did was pour the caramel on, and it did this!

Caramel cake is complete! And delicious!

2 comments:

  1. well done!
    i wish i could have tried a piece. it look's awesome.
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouth watering in remembrance one week later as I read this. I love caramel as much as I love chocolate. I especially loved the cake part of this delightful dessert for such an excellent book.

    ReplyDelete